Main Menu

Guys fighting on a roof. Unable to go on with the facade,

Started by Soniking, January 14, 2012, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soniking

Relatively old bump. Maybe around 2009 not sure. Two guys are fighting on a roof they have tatoos and look mean and angry (like bikers or something) I believe and the dialogue goes as follows. EDIT: It is animated.

Guy 1: Stop it, Stop it. We can't go on with this facade.

Guy 2: uhhh you mean charade?

Guy 1: Whatever.

It is the best thing ever and I have been endlessly quoting it for it for years. Help me find it please.

Soniking

Not sure about that 2009 bit. May be older. Probably older. Not too old, but quite old. Maybe.

mongo

That sounds to be a promo; the live-action oriented bumps started this last year after the switch to HD. I personally don't remember it off the top of my head but somebody around here might. Just in case, there are a bunch of promos on www.asfdotcom.net in case you wanna check it out in the meantime.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Soniking

I didn't specify enough. It's not live action it's animated. I looked over the list you linked and none of those were it. It was much older than the shows in the link. not the shows rather just the season and the events they were promoting.

NumyMufn

You have to go into the Download section, in the column on the left. Then choose a show or general category. Their history goes all the way back to the beginning. They do not, however, add episode specific promos. Just new seasons, DVD sales, specials... etc.

Having said that, it's not ringing any bells for me  :|  There were also in the older days 'shorts' that would run periodically... at that same site there are just a few examples in the Adult Swim General section. On that page, under 'other stuff' is one of the Aquaman Dance Party clips, "Not for Air" with Batman, 'Captain Linger' ~ I wonder if what you saw falls into that category.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Okay, I just went to AS Video because I knew they had the Wonder Twins shorts there (my fave,'Initiation' ~ "... a gopher moat"  :-D ) and browsing around there made me wonder if it was of the Superdeluxe variety? We never uploaded any of that... it belonged to Superdeluxe.com which is now defunct. Those ran around 2007-2008, a lot of clips of the forerunner to China, IL from Brad Neely, Baby Cakes & Professor Brothers, also his America Now series. The 'Y'all so Stupid' series... you could poke around there and see if any of the animation styles look like what you remember. They're filed under webisodes: http://video.adultswim.com/webisodes/index.html

I'm awake.

Soniking

I looked at all the links you provided and section you recommended but couldn't find it. It wasn't promoting a show it was just...a thing. I haven't watched AS in a long time, maybe since the Super Deluxe days but the animation wasn't reminiscent of anything from Super Deluxe. It wasn't supposed to be an upcoming show or part of an existing show and it wasn't promoting anything as far as I can remember. It would have to be around 2006 to 2009. I recall Futurama was still on. I don't have any other details beyond that.

NumyMufn

If you're certain that Futurama was still on we can cut the date off at the end of 2007. While I wasn't expecting you to find the exact clip (I did look through them) I was hoping you'd find something that had a similar look that would give us a clue. I was always a bit put off by the SuperDeluxe and GameTap ad/bumps and never once visited the website. However, I'm reasonably sure they didn't migrate every bit of content over to AS.com. I'm also drawing a complete blank on the content of the GameTap ad/bumps so I'm going to start there. Now, there are sizable gaps in my notes but those appear to have started sometime in the second half of 2007.

I know it doesn't sound like it was any kind of promo, but if there's one thing that is exceedingly common in AS related promos it's unrelated nonsense that makes you go 'wtf?'  :lol:
Aside from that, I have to start somewhere and that's the best my brain can come up with at the moment. If anyone wants to add their two cents, please do. I'm hoping just watching some old video may help jog my memory. FYI: I don't see myself having time for dedicated searching, but I should be able to pop it in as background noise while I do other stuff. But it's liable to take some time.  :|

I'm awake.

Beefy

That sounds more like one of Adult Swim's movie promotions where they make paper cut-outs of characters from the movie and act out a scene.  They normally have a grey background instead of the usual black for the card/text part.

Those movie promos normally aren't posted here or at ASF. 

I have the one from the Star Trek remake and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I never went out of my way to record any others.
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

NumyMufn

Quote from: Beefy on January 18, 2012, 10:23:05 AM
That sounds more like one of Adult Swim's movie promotions where they make paper cut-outs of characters from the movie and act out a scene.  They normally have a grey background instead of the usual black for the card/text part.

Those movie promos normally aren't posted here or at ASF. 

I have the one from the Star Trek remake and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I never went out of my way to record any others.
I have a few of those, I think they're funny  :-D

Well, y'all aren't going to believe this ~ I know I don't ~ on my second absolutely randomly picked DVD I found it! August 5, 2007, it was a SuperDeluxe bit. In bump form it was only about eight seconds of animation, but it is in the middle of one of the videos posted at AS. Skip to about 1:08 http://video.adultswim.com/webisodes/yall-so-stupid-bouncing-ball.html

I'm awake.

Beefy

http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

NumyMufn

Luck, pure luck  :roll:

Side note: I also ran across the 'Derek and Simon' SuperDeluxe clips (directed by Bob Odenkirk) and recognized Simon from The Big Bang Theory and I felt compelled to track those down. ...ummm ...REALLY inappropriate stuff on some :evil: As adamant as they are about maintaining PG13 content on the ASMB I was pretty shocked. But then maybe that's why they didn't make the cut for migration to as.com, I had to find what I could on YouTube.

I'm awake.