Main Menu

Flash player not loading properly

Started by NumyMufn, October 14, 2006, 11:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

Okay, maybe it's just me but I'm not getting anything in the 'bump' square  :? When I mouse over the grey block I can see a white outline that I'm assuming is a flash player. Once I click on it I get nuthin'  :-P I've tried all the computers on my network, the two newer ones - same deal. The really old one (pentium II) just says "Invalid request variable" on a blank white page. That was after I successfully opened the home page and then clicked on one of the random bumps up in the corner, now it can't open the homepage or the forum.... Clearing my cookies let me back in but I get the same error message if I try to go anywhere from the main page... I can still navigate from the forum... so far I've only tried with IE
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

OH yeah, I did go to adultswim.com and myspace and all of my computers seem to be handling the flash on those sites  :roll: I saw you were here and decided I better send what I had before you left  :roll: I'm still trying 'stuff' ... any suggestions?

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Well, Netscape didn't help? :x I get the same "Invalid request variable" errors as my old computer ... same with straight FireFox and AOL (understandably) but it seems to have affected my IE on this computer as well.

Anybody hungry? I'm goin' for Steak & Shake? :evil:

I'm awake.

crab

Thanks Numy.  The "Invalid request variable" error should be gone now - I hope.  Please try again and let me know.

About Flash - which version are you using?  Can you right click where the flash player would be, and see if you get the Flash menu?  Then check the version.

NumyMufn

Yes, the 'invalid' error is fixed  :-)

and I can get the flash menu - version 9,0,16,0  :|

I'm awake.

crab

Ok, thanks.  I know it's not very relevant since you can use it on other sites, but at least you can get the Flash menu and that tells me a little bit.

I had the same problem on my machine at work, but my home machine loads it flawlessly every time.

I'll keep investigating..  thanks for the assistance

NumyMufn

For the record - it works fine in Firefox now (and looks great, btw  :mrgreen: )
It worked once in Netscape and is just plain misbehaving now  :-P very inconsistant
Still no luck with IE ...

I'm awake.

crab

crab

Hmm.. I see, in IE, that the video doesn't load at all.  :(

Microsucks.

NumyMufn

:-P

Netscape is working now...
What I did: I reinstalled the DivX, which then rolled back my Flash to version 8 for some reason, so I re-updated the Flash to version 9... and poof!
Why it may have nothing to do with it:When I installed the Netscape I carelessly ran through the process and I remember seeing an option defaulted to allow it to automatically change over to IE mode if it thinks it will be better (I didn't install it to think! :roll:) which would explain why it was erratic. I tried looking for a way to disable that and realized that the window was static and I couldn't read all the butttons... so I made a calculated guess? :oops:
As for the IE: Unfortunately I have a double header tomorrow and won't have time to mess with it but if you don't find anything on your end first I'm going to check into my security settings - I know that back when the ASMB first switched over to Flash I had a ton of problems and changing some things seemed to help; it's worth a look? :| Okay, I tried the easy stuff and I still got nuthin'....

I'm awake.

crab

Numy, please try in IE again.  I made some changes that may have fixed it.

NumyMufn

I'm awake.

crab

Qman1

Quote from: crab on October 17, 2006, 01:27:55 PM
awesome!? I did something right? :-P

"AWESOME" is right!

I couldnt see anything yesterday....BUT TODAY IT PLAYS WONDEFULLY! (I just watched FUN START SOON NOW bump by P.O. today)

(It takes about 20-45 secs to load, but it plays smoothly and the audio is great as well)

Great job man! :mrgreen: