Main Menu

Fairly specific request

Started by EconKheldar, August 07, 2011, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EconKheldar

I remember the text, and was able to use that to find out when this particular bump posted. It's stuck in my head all these years because it had some amazing jazz music, and I simply must track it down.

Tuesday, May 27th, 2003.

Bump Read:
Didn't watch Futurama
last night, did you?
We're not angry.
Just disappointed.
You're only hurting yourself.
And our advertisers.

mongo

Wow man, that's pretty far back. We'll do our best, but it's usually pretty hard to find bumps from that time. Still, we'll look for it, hopefully some info can be found. Thanks for writing and welcome to the boards!
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

EconKheldar

Thank ya kindly sir! Pleased to be here, love the site's purpose!
Surely Adult Swim is aware of this site, has there ever been any outreach from them? They must have all this stuff in an archive somewhere, some ancient hard disk or something.

NumyMufn

I'm curious how you found the date. It's interesting that it's the same day the ASMB went public.  :mrgreen:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

So... the odds of finding this specific bump are slim to none. But there is still a chance of finding the music. The question becomes, "How badly do you want it?"
The catalog of publicly available music from back then is very small, it's listed in this bump: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1360
That's five CD's. Granted, some are a bit tricky to find these days but it's little enough music to run down.
Now for the bad news - I have to assume that this aired during the comedy block. Comedy bumps in 2003 were almost always library tracks. Okay, so now you're likely limited to only finding a place to listen to it online... if it's even a known track, and that opens up a rather large can of worms in terms of how much music one might have to peruse in order to find it. They did however have a habit of recycling the same tracks so there might be another bump that has it.

*rats*

I'll come back when I have more time  :roll:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

EconKheldar

Thanks Numy. I found the date by searching for the text, and managed to find a forum post from 2003 with the correct text. I remember roughly what time of year it was when I first saw it, and this forum post seemed to line up with that. It was a list of all the text on the bumps from that week. Very fortuitous.