Main Menu

IFC OWL BUMPS Rip Off The SWIM

Started by Ryan D., June 27, 2011, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan D.

Has anyone seen these blatant A.S. Bump rip offs by IFC lately? :?  I seriously thought that I was watching the Swim when I caught this the other night. The below link is one of many various owl bump versions by IFC.  IFC recently added commercials throughout all of their programing (like AMC) which is terrible.  When they started the "AUTOMAT" block it was obviously their attempt at left-field humor like "Tim & Eric".  They were fun and doing their own thing to some extent but now they've taken the very symbol of A.S., the owl, and are running bumps with it! :x  I love many of the films IFC runs, even their own flicks like 2001's "The Chateau" and a very frightening film entitled "The Uninvited" (not to be confused with the dull flick, "The Uninvited" that was in all the theaters across the country).  They've introduced me to many great vintage films such as Japan's 1977 "Hausu" and Sweden's 1957 "Wild Strawberries".  I also like their new show "Commercial Kings".  The problem is that they've added commercials, interrupting classic films (artistic sabotage), and now they're copying Adult Swim.   

IFC Owl Bumps...
http://vimeo.com/11698277
"The dawn is your enemy."

mongo

Whoa, that is blatant :-o I've never watched IFC much but that's pretty low of them.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Laughingboy69

... Creeped me out like an AS bump...
I do Let's Plays now.

crab

mongo

"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong