Main Menu

Family Guy Promo B&W Card From 11/20/08

Started by TheSeeker, November 22, 2009, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker

B&W card that was a promo for a new Family Guy episode "The Man with Two Brians"
The music was a house/dance electronica track (techno).
It was broadcast on Thursday night 11/20/08, midway through the family guy episode.

I browsed the database and didn't find it. Any leads or help is greatly appreciated!!

NumyMufn

I... um... well...  :|
There was a bump about resurrecting Family Guy Monday premieres, it's not posted but the song was used again tonight on 'The Onion's top 30 shows' bump. I don't know what it is but I don't think I'd call it techno. It should be up in the next couple of days  :| There was a bump about the Xavier DVD that featured brains - that one we have: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1923
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

I think you're thinking of a promo, and we don't do those here (that's the stuff over at asfdotcom.net  :-D)
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

If it was a promo, they don't necessarily air the same for both runs or even various parts of the country (west coast feed, local pre-empting ads, etc.) I may not have it  :| and asf doesn't do single episode promos

I'm awake.

TheSeeker

Sounds like I am looking in the wrong place and I do think it was a Family Guy Monday premiere. Please accept my apologies for cluttering up the forum!

@NumyMufn - That Xavier DVD bump doesn't have the tune I was looking for, but I do like it!

FWIW, this was an east coast promo (Central time zone).

NumyMufn

Oh, hey, it's okay - we field promo questions here, we just don't have them posted  :-D mongo got The Onion bump up that uses the same tune as the Resurrection of FG Premieres if you want to check it out. http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1955 unfortunately the info is still unknown  :| I'll try and get a list of all the bumps used during both Family Guy eps from Thursday. The only new episode promo I saw is for 'Quagmire's Baby'

I'm awake.

TheSeeker

1955 isn't the tune either :(

Thanks for your efforts. Even though it was almost a year ago, I'm glad you trying to help me out! It's interesting how when you hear something you really like, it can haunt you until you find the song...

NumyMufn

omg.

I didn't even notice the year  :roll: gimme a minute ...

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Okay, I'm gonna need a few more minutes  :roll: the Sunday listing was monopolized by Star Wars ... I'm so sorry about the mixup

:-P :lol:

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

I'm afraid it's a library track so it's not available to the public for purchase or download, but you can listen to it online at APM music - the title is "Happy Nights" by Chris Winland, here are the stock directions:
Go to APMmusic.com and click on 'Guest search' - the Advanced Search is to the lower left, after entering the Track or CD title be sure to check the corresponding box before hitting the search button.

I'm awake.

TheSeeker

That's it! Thank you very much! :-D

It's a shame that tune isn't available for purchase. That's a great track.

mongo

Glad this was solved! And don't worry about the request, man, it's all good. Again, I said "I think you're thinking of a promo", wasn't sure of anything :lol:. Just wanted to cover all possibilities.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong