Main Menu

Synthesized hip-hop bump

Started by 61woods, October 14, 2009, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

61woods

The last that I have heard this bump was around 2005-2007.  It has a hip-hop beat that goes dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dah, dah repeatedly.  Please help.

NumyMufn

umm... any help with instrumentation?  :| vocals? was it a pic or a b&W? do you know if it was during action or comedy? anything else at all?
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

61woods

I believe it was a black background (with words in white), no vocals, and the "dun, dun, dah, dah" part sounded like an electric keyboard with a hip-hop beat (with a sort of a clap in the beat) in the background.

NumyMufn

eek... how familiar are you with David Banner? Can I cross him off the list?  :| They used a lot of his stuff back then, some of it unreleased.

I'm awake.

61woods

Yes, I am familiar with David Banner, but I do not believe this bump is his music.

NumyMufn

Okay, well, he was my first guess with the claps... the problem with the B&W bumps is that they never ran for very long. It's really hard to place them without knowing what they were about. Being a B&W during that time really increases it's chances of being a library track as well. If you're certain you have the right time frame there was a lot of Banner and then in 2006 J Dilla's 'Donuts' - there was also the Viewer Music Project during the first half of 2006 and a lot of tracks from the Merck label. I'm gonna let this settle in my brain for a bit and give the guys a chance to come by, they might 'feel' what you wrote there  :wink:
If you want, and I really hate to do this to you but, I recently uploaded a bunch of 2005 files to YouTube - the links are here: http://www.bumpworthy.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0
you can see if what you're looking for is in there. Hit a Thursday or two but they start sounding the same after a bit, you'll have better luck (variety) with the Sundays.
One more thing, you'll notice the older ones are left justified with silhouettes, not centered like they are now. If the one you want was left justified we need to look farther back to 2003-04.
And if you can remember anything, no matter how pointless it may seem don't be afraid to post it. You never know what's gonna jog a memory.  :-)

I'm awake.

61woods

Thanks for the 2005 bumps.  Do you happen to have the 2006 bumps as well?

NumyMufn

Not at the moment, it's a major project.  :| I plan to work on the Viewer Music Project bumps next.

I'm awake.

61woods

It is sort of an electric synthesizer beat (with a hip hop backing) - 

Dun, dun, dun, dun, (clap) dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dah, dah.  Dun, dun, dun, dun, (clap) dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dah, dah.  Dun, dun, dun, dun, (clap) dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dah, dah.  Dun, dun, dun, dun, (clap) dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dah, dah (repeatedly). 

That is the best that I could describe it, but I am positive that it is a bump.

61woods

I distinctly remember that this bump would usually show around the time that Futurama came on.  If anyone could post a bunch of bumps with synthesized hip-hop beats, maybe I could find the bump in question.

NumyMufn

I don't know if you saw this (or if it's what you're looking for) but they pulled an old track out of moth balls a few weeks ago for this: http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1894
:? :? :?

I'm awake.

61woods

crab

61woods

Not that one either.  The particular bump that I am looking for has to be somewhere.