Main Menu

I'M LISTENING TO NEIL DIAMOND

Started by NumyMufn, May 05, 2008, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

...AND I'M LOVING IT!  :lol:  :-D

...just had to get that off my chest.  :wink: feeling rather chill at the moment  :mrgreen:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

"There are two kinds of people in this world.  Those who love Neil Diamond... and those who don't.  My ex-wife, she loved him.  It's why she left me."
"The dawn is your enemy."

NumyMufn

....and I am equally glad to hear that you know you're not Tom Cruise  :-D

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

Hey N.M.,

I know that we're in the "Rambling Owl House", but aren't we getting off the subject?  I thought this was about Neil Diamond/quoting "What About Bob", not regretting stupid photos that are posted on the Space!  Anyway, back to Neil Diamond.  I just watched him in his film, "The Jazz Singer", yesterday.  It was a remake of the Al Jolson film.  I think that his soundtrack for that film was great.  "Summer Love", that's probably the least known and best song that he ever recorded!!  Also, "Love On The Rocks" came out of that work.  It's a silly, yet entertaining film.  Oh yeah!  "America" was a big hit from that film too. 
     Well, if they ever stop playing just "Ghostly Swim" tracks on A.S., maybe I'll have something real to write about on here. 

Your Friend,
Ryan D.

NumyMufn

I saw that when it came out... AGES ago.  :roll: I was stalling to see if I could find this... I still have the soundtrack - on vinyl  :-D As for the movie - again I haven't seen it it years - the word that comes to mind is 'sappy,' but then I'm not a big fan of chick movies and it's some sort of extension of the genre. :P NOW, if you want 'silly' I recommend "Saving Silverman". Stupid? Yes, but I was entertained.  :lol:  in a stoopid-summer-movie sorta way. The day after I went to a Neil Diamond concert I ran out and bought it.  :-D

I'm awake.

Ryan D.

N.M.,

I will rent a copy of "Saving Silverman".  I think that we should try to get this Neil Diamond thread up to a "Hot Topic" status!  Just to show that we are pulling our weight around here.  It's funny because I hardly ever think about N.D. but after this thread, I'm realizing that I know quite a bit about him.  Let's flood the A.S. forums, demanding Neil Diamond bumps!  Can you imagine!!  Some time around 12:30 A.M., going into or out of "Tim and Eric Awesome Show", cut to 15 seconds of Neil singing "September morn.  We use to dance until the night became a brand new day.  Two lover's scene from some romant..." and cut away.