Main Menu

???my ignorance is showing???

Started by hats4bats, November 29, 2007, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hats4bats

howdy all,
new to the forum, but a junkie none the less. I love the AcTN bumps (especially the transport ones) but I dont know where AcTn came from or what it stands for.
PLease help-it keeps me up at night. Sorry, the new guys ignorance is showing  :-P. Thanks

NumyMufn

Love your screen name  :-D

I'm not sure an official explanation was given - but I'm pretty sure it's just "Action" missing a few vowels. If I recall correctly it first appeared with other cryptic symbols that resembled characters of some Asian alphabet, again, pretty sure they were bogus. I consider this still open for discussion, though, I was not nearly so immersed in bumpdom at the time  :roll: I just vaguely remember lots of "what did that say?" threads that went unanswered. It also seems that the 'Action' designation is falling out of use at the ASMB, although I don't spend a lot of time in Action Discussion anymore the threads I DO see are always "ANIME vs COMEDY' making it a bit of a missing link if you will  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

hats4bats

Thanks for your response. I thought there was something I missed. The action description makes sense because any acronmyn for adut swim or turner broadcasting (what I thought) just wasnt working- the question has been haunting me lately as the AcTN train bump (One of my favorites) has been on pretty much everynight just before Bleach and I couldnt stand being left out of the "know". The quest continues.......

side note: Any idea where one could get the AcTN train bump pic for one's desktop?- havent seen it on AS site yet.

NumyMufn

hmmm... not that I know of :| The best I could do is get you a screencap, but those aren't usually real great. They tend to be fuzzy by nature and too low in resolution for todays monitors :(
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Heya there, welcome to the forums! Like Numy said, [as] hasn't posted the picture (yet), so I made a screencap from the XViD file from the site and pumped up the size in Photoshop... it doesn't look too bad, really. I'm still gonna try to see if I have the raw MPEG capture file around here, since that one's resolution is nicer, but meanwhile, I hope this works!!

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/fftd/Background.jpg
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

hats4bats

thanks for everyones help and answers, greatly appreciated.!

GandT

I believe that bump picture was taken here http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=61.016642,-149.735203&spn=0.001159,0.005021&t=h&z=18&om=1
Its an Alaska railroad train with a passenger car along Cook Inlet. Its in the same spot as the AcTN satellites bump. If you check in google earth the mountains match up to the pic.