Main Menu

Some Bad News...

Started by Laughingboy69, October 11, 2006, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

Ooooh, awesome!  Ok, I really should get to work on the site :P

Laughingboy69

About the 69th post...THANKS ROFLMAO!

About legality, if it means anything, I came up with my own logo. If you look closely on some of the new bumps I've made for Qman, you can see the final version. Too bad they use the A and S letters, though. I might have to recreate it if we end up using a new name...?

Legality Part 2: I made it clear on my first bump that we do not make any money from making these bumps, so I honestly don't know what they're crying about in the first place. I need to go talk to someone, perhaps an admin on the [as] forums about this whole issue and see if it can't be resolved somehow. Nothing seems to be out of place, and from what I know, credit is given to YNQ, and I never recieved a complaint from Stone's Throw either. Also, only 10-15 seconds of each song are used, so I'm under protection anyhow. Using the [adult swim] words shouldn't be a problem, because if it had, I think I would've gotten a letter sooner, as well as 60% of YouTube would have to remove their own crap, because we all know everyone on YT uses copyrighted material in the first place.

If anyone wants to help me in talking with one of the higher-ups, I'll try and see if I can't come to some sort of an agreenment.

My friend is also puzzled. The one who made the lighthouse, fishing, and walking bumps as well as others. We really can't figure it out.  :?

About the site getting props...THANKS ROFLMAO...don't know what the thanks is for...oh well.
I do Let's Plays now.

mongo

Wow, that's really messed up dude. Kinda scares me, not only for bump making from us but for the site in general, and I really don't know why they pick on a bump instead on all the episodes they have on the site. That's really strange. I thought that people on the inside were okay with the site, but it seems I'm wrong. Shiver me timbers! :lol:.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

NumyMufn

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me. Why this particular bump? It wasn't even one of the ones listed in that request on the ASMB. (Not to mention that insiders never venture inside the music thread anymore) I'm not convinced that's where they found you ... Part of me thinks you should just let it go and stay off the radar, on the other hand, youtube gave you an option to argue that it was removed in error. I also know that some lawyers will send out carefully worded letters to try and scare you into submission when they know they don't have a legal leg to stand on, because it works :P *gah* Such a fuss over 15 seconds.. :x
Maybe they really believed it was one of theirs... or they felt you were misrepresenting yourself as being affiliated... who can afford to argue that stuff? Not me... but Turner can :P It would just be nice to know what they thought was wrong so you could fix it.
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

It may be more trouble than it's worth, but it would be really nice to get in touch with Turner or YouTube and find out exactly what they are fussing over

Laughingboy69

Quote from: crab on October 12, 2006, 12:23:12 PM
It may be more trouble than it's worth, but it would be really nice to get in touch with Turner or YouTube and find out exactly what they are fussing over

True, it probably would be a lot of trouble...

But, if I can get some peeps around the community to back me up on this, then I'll go talk to someone about this.

If I were to talk to someone from Turner about this...Where would I go?
I do Let's Plays now.

Qman1

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on October 12, 2006, 04:04:06 PM

But, if I can get some peeps around the community to back me up on this, then I'll go talk to someone about this.

http://www.turner.com/contact/index.html

Laughingboy69

Quote from: Qman on October 12, 2006, 07:24:13 PM
Quote from: Laughingboy69 on October 12, 2006, 04:04:06 PM

http://www.turner.com/contact/index.html

Hmm, I was really hoping for an e-mail address...

Think I'll sooner or later, send a complaint to Youtube, for at least an explanation.

Ugh, after reading the e-mail (I mean actually reading it.) I'm not sure Perjury sounds like fun right about now. I'm only uncomfortable because I don't actually know the cause of why it was taken down.

I don't really know where else to turn. If I really HAVE to, then I will CALL Turner, but I'm wondering if it will actually get me anywhere. Perhaps I can start something down at the ASMB to see if I can't get a hold of somebody who could tell me what's going on here clearly. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, I think I should be notified of this really soon. I'm too anxious to get back to my bumps.
I do Let's Plays now.

Moji of the East

This a mystery indeed, I havent had any complaints about my bumps, thats weird