Main Menu

[SITE NEWS] Continued Upgrades on the Site - Updated 10/25/2006

Started by crab, October 13, 2006, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

Here's what is currently being worked on:

[Update: 10/25/06] - It seems my webhost doesn't like for me to do video encoding on their server, so I'm going to have to change around the way things are done.  Right now, uploads go to the server, where they are encoded and then handed off to the moderators.  It looks like I'm going to have to change this so that uploads go to a seperate machine (probably one at my house), where they are encoded, and then sent back to the server.  This shouldn't be too hard to set up, and I have a decently fast machine/connection.  The downside is more work for me.  The upside is virtually unlimited resources for encoding.

• bumps - "meta tag" system
  • bumps - "comment" feature
  • bumps - better quality & lower file size
  • site - more integration with forums

Completed:

• bumps - "search" feature

Moji of the East

Qman1

Quote from: crab on October 13, 2006, 05:11:21 PM

y'know ur one cool dude....

but uh....no complaints here....

I dont think....

crab

NumyMufn

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

crab

crab

crab

la la, i'm lazy.  but I added two new filters for bumps - "adult swim original" and "user created".  see the main page

elefader

Quote from: crab on October 13, 2006, 05:11:21 PM

[Update: 10/25/06] - It seems my webhost doesn't like for me to do video encoding on their server, so I'm going to have to change around the way things are done.  Right now, uploads go to the server, where they are encoded and then handed off to the moderators.  It looks like I'm going to have to change this so that uploads go to a seperate machine (probably one at my house), where they are encoded, and then sent back to the server.  This shouldn't be too hard to set up, and I have a decently fast machine/connection.  The downside is more work for me.  The upside is virtually unlimited resources for encoding.

Completed:

Crab!! must give my humble respeckt for being in charge of (what I feel is) a great resource....  what do you use to record the audio/video data?   Perhaps a media center or similar?  I don't know too much about that stuff but apparently my roommate is pretty knowledgeable.  I could pick his ear about possible solutions if you're ever in need of a suggestion. :wink:

and i know it's not officially a "bump," but you totally have to get clips from Afro Samurai.   The RZA is hott ness.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: