Previous topic - Next topic

NumyMufn

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Athias

Quote from: NumyMufn on February 22, 2012, 12:53:00 PM
Our most popular thread is about fan made bumps:
http://www.bumpworthy.com/forum/index.php/topic,353.0.html

Wow, I never new that thread existed. Thanks a lot for letting me know. I've taken a crack at creating bumps myself (mostly mimicking the tokyo bumps). I have found a higher resolution image of the tokyo tower and created an HD minato-ku bump. Can I post rapidshare/fileserve links or is it strictly youtube now?

NumyMufn

I confess we're at a crossroad right now and the jury is still out ~ for now I'm going to say as long as you're making 10 - 15 second bumps (which is what they should be anyway) either is fine. That could change tomorrow at this point.  :| If you can guarantee that the entire bump is of your own original content (words, images, music) start to finish then you are free to post what you like.

For the sake of brevity, I'm going plead for common sense here and let everyone know that we will delete links that are deemed inappropriate.

This is supposed to be fun, damn it  :roll: We can pick up any further discussion in the other thread,  'kay? :wink:
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

mongo

Like Numy said, we are at a crossroads regarding a user bump sub-site, but please feel free to post on the thread! I've never had any problems with making 10-15 second bumps, even 30, just don't use the full song unless it's self-made. I'd love to see an HD Minato-Ku bump, really.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Athias

Quote from: NumyMufn on February 22, 2012, 07:09:49 PM
I confess we're at a crossroad right now and the jury is still out ~ for now I'm going to say as long as you're making 10 - 15 second bumps (which is what they should be anyway) either is fine. That could change tomorrow at this point.  :| If you can guarantee that the entire bump is of your own original content (words, images, music) start to finish then you are free to post what you like.

For the sake of brevity, I'm going plead for common sense here and let everyone know that we will delete links that are deemed inappropriate.

This is supposed to be fun, damn it  :roll: We can pick up any further discussion in the other thread,  'kay? :wink:

Quote from: mongo on February 22, 2012, 11:35:18 PM
Like Numy said, we are at a crossroads regarding a user bump sub-site, but please feel free to post on the thread! I've never had any problems with making 10-15 second bumps, even 30, just don't use the full song unless it's self-made. I'd love to see an HD Minato-Ku bump, really.

Of course. All the bumps I've created are 15 seconds (16 at most) long. I primarily use the sample audio tracks offered on this site.

As far as the HD Minato-ku bump, I've create 2 of them after some trials and errors. V2 is a 1080p alternate angle version of the Tokyo tower at night with the original Psyche Origami's Eye Detector on the audio track. V8 (haha!) I had to resize because the image is really huge (3000x4000). I tried my best to maintain the correct proportions while downscaling the image so the image wouldn't look to "stretched" when I cropped it to keep the 16:9 AR. It looks pretty much like the original minato-ku bump except that the tower is in the middle rather than on the right. Plus it's in HD (720p). Let me know what you guys think. Any criticism is welcomed.

Oops. Forgot that you asked me to post them on the other thread. Will do that now :-D