Main Menu

Bumps 16 - 29 Project Underway!

Started by Laughingboy69, August 30, 2006, 06:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

I wholeheartedly agree with the feelings expressed above.  Always obtain permission to include something you did not create yourself in your own work.  Not a big deal - just common courtesy.

Qman1

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on October 30, 2006, 03:03:03 PM
Oh yeah, I was going to say something earlier.

As flattering as it is to have someone use my pictures in their bumps...I really, really, really, really, learry don't want you guys to.

Unless these three conditions have been fulfilled.

1.) The entire bump has been made. I don't want people posting their own bumps before I'm able to realease mine, because it distracts from my own creativity. What I mean is, I have something in mind for all of these bumps, and if someone releases a bump using my picture before I get a chance to, then when I release my version of the bump, people will talk more about your bump than mine, whether it's better or worse. This is the part that pisses me off the most, and if I ever see it again, I WILL refrain from posting the pictures here. I only do this so that you guys can see how things are coming along, not so that you can take them and use them for your own bumps and release them before I ever have a chance to release them in the way that I INTENDED THEM to be.

2.) I am credited for the picture. Yep, not a hard one, but please try not to use aliases such as "A friend over at Bumpworthy" because no one is going to know who the hell you are talking about. I would appreciate it if you used either Chrono1102, or Laughingboy (either with or without '69')

3.) ASK BEFORE YOU MAKE THE BUMP! I am easier to reach than people like Ted Turner are, so if you want to use my material, I would highly recommend you ask permission first, so that I know a.) What you are doing b.) What you are doing it with. It's honestly the only thing more annoying than releasing your own version of the bump in the first place.

OK, so I don't want to sound like I'm making an ironic turn-around since the Turner incident a few weeks ago, and I'm not very mad because I'm (Sort of) credited anyway, but the fact that I'm not being asked before the bump is made and because the bump itself hasn't been finished yet is really getting on my nerves. Sorry if I'm sounding angry, or if I might be taking this too far, but I work too hard to make these pictures in Photoshop, just so someone can make their own version and get credited for putting together the bump themselves, especially before I am able to take off with my original creative vision.

No hard feelings.
[LB]

*sigh* Ok...sorry.... :roll:

mongo

Same as Moji here. Thing is, I know how LB feels, it's happened to me before. I know Q's intentions weren't evil, and I'm sure he does too, but... it's a little bit kind of annoying or something like it? :-D.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Laughingboy69

Within the next few days, (Or weeks depending on how much other shit I have to do) You're gonna find out why I've been so slow on the Bumps.
I do Let's Plays now.

Laughingboy69

OMG DOUBLE POST 2X!

Because I'm lonely here on this board.

http://www.choralarts.org/concert_xmas.html

Check this out. Laughignboy plays for the next week, this concert. Nevermind the broken english. Yeah, he knows that bumps are slow these days...Laughingboy says he'll get to it later.

Sincerely,

Not Laughingboy
I do Let's Plays now.

mongo

:lol:, tell Laughingboy that that's great and that I wish him the best of luck!
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

Laughingboy69

Congratulations, Laughingboy!

I just want to let you all know that the old Bumpworthy Upgrade bump is well underway towards becoming a real bump! There have been many projects getting in the way, some have been huge, and others have been canceled before they started. However, I'm getting back on track, so expect Bump 26 tomorrow at the latest.

And Tomorrow it shall...be.

http://s1.upload.sc/request/b4748886f527f68e1af9f74cd4b383fa

Whoever uploads new bumps onto the website...If you could refrain from uploading this until I make a new Pack (17-29) that'd be great.
I do Let's Plays now.

Laughingboy69

A conondrum?...Canondrum?...Cunondrum?...A kerfuffle.

A little investigation into some of the later bumps (before christmas) bumps made me realise that [as] uses pictures that are incredibly bright.

Or that's just the encoder's problem.

But I took the liberty to follow suit, as I try and make the most believeable bumps as possible (to confuse ASMB members and piss off Turner) But I'm left with a problem, and this is the problem...It looks like shit.

So I made two.

And you are going to vote for your favorite.

And them I'm going to "Bump" it.

Take a look.

Bump 28: Factories With Holes (Normal)

Bump 28: Factories With Holes (Bright)

Pick your poison.

[LB]

I do Let's Plays now.

Qman1

Quote from: Laughingboy69 on January 07, 2007, 08:07:01 PM
A conondrum?...Canondrum?...Cunondrum?...A kerfuffle.

A little investigation into some of the later bumps (before christmas) bumps made me realise that [as] uses pictures that are incredibly bright.

Or that's just the encoder's problem.

But I took the liberty to follow suit, as I try and make the most believeable bumps as possible (to confuse ASMB members and piss off Turner) But I'm left with a problem, and this is the problem...It looks like shit.

So I made two.

And you are going to vote for your favorite.

And them I'm going to "Bump" it.

Take a look.

Bump 28: Factories With Holes (Normal)

Bump 28: Factories With Holes (Bright)

Pick your poison.

[LB]

Both look good...but I'll pick the second one.

Laughingboy69

Bump.

Would be nice to get a wider responce on this. I would LOVE to get back to making bumps, but I'mma need your help a bit...
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Sorry, LB  :oops: You are quite correct about the brightness - I noticed the same thing when I went out and shot some photos I found reminiscent of the Indiana bumps - and if I have to pick one it would be the brighter of the two, but personally speaking this particular photo just doesn't do anything for me.  :|
You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Quote from: NumyMufn on January 09, 2007, 04:07:16 PM
Sorry, LB  :oops: You are quite correct about the brightness - I noticed the same thing when I went out and shot some photos I found reminiscent of the Indiana bumps - and if I have to pick one it would be the brighter of the two, but personally speaking this particular photo just doesn't do anything for me.  :|

Thanks. Yeah, I had an idea for this one when I found it...3-4 months ago. But you know how memory fails and you have to make shit up as you go along?

Well, it's more for experimental research.
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Yeah, actually, I do :roll: .... I HATE it when that happens.? ?

Even worse, when it's something with a deadline and I have to 'make do' with what I have and then a day later it all comes back to me :-P

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

And now...

The 29th Bump Picture.

It's more for cynical humor than for purdyness...

I just need to "bump" these three and the project shall be over!

What a wonderful day to be me!
I do Let's Plays now.

NumyMufn

Oh, yeah, ... I feel the burn on that one  :evil:

I'm awake.