Main Menu

Jun Seba aka Nujabes, Rest In Peace

Started by crab, March 22, 2010, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crab

R.I.P. Nujabes
February 19, 1974 - February 26, 2010

Many of you might know Nujabes from his contributions to the Samurai Champloo soundtrack.  His music was groundbreaking and inspirational and will live with us forever.

Jun Seba aka Nujabes, Rest In Peace - 2010 'til inifinity

mongo

...Wow, this is terrible news. He was a really talented producer, his work was brilliant, be it his own on albums like Modal Soul and the Hydeout Productions Collections or the beats he produced for artists like Five Deez and Substantial. It's heartbreaking to hear of such a talented musician taken away so early on in his life. R.I.P., his music will truly live on forever.
"For a moment, I lost my head. I was just a selfish, confused torso." - Bob Oblong

RevRend

Nujabes, one of the most well known producers in the International Hip-Hop Community, Died in a car accident on February 26, 2010. Seba Jun was a very private man and though his death was more than a month ago, news of the loss has just arisen.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978112675

This guy created music that inspired me to open my arms, not just to hip-hop (A genre I once gave wide berth) but to many other genres of music I had previous decided I would not listen to nor like. His music taught me patience and expanded my tolerance for art of sound and the different interpretations people create and this poise, this optimism that if I just listen for a little longer I'll find something I like, spread from my taste in music to other aspects of my life.

He will be missed, honored, loved and never replaced. Rest in Peace, Nujabes.

That man gave so much to not just the hip hop community but to the music industry in general.
Rest in Peace, Seba Jun..

NumyMufn

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Turbo Baby Puncher

Incredibly sad...

A man who truly was an artist, and taught me acceptance of different music genres, especially to Hip-Hop which is one of the genres I would've least expected myself to be listening too.

You will be missed.