Main Menu

Bumpworthy's forums are ZZZzzzzzzzzzing

Started by ACTN, September 04, 2012, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACTN

I hate to be the bearer of factual news but the forums are becoming a hibernation grounds for most users (except a few who post here at seldom to find old glorious bumps or other things related to bumps and bumpworthy)
http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/138

"Kickback! Kickback! Hey, pull in.
Betty, hook up! Betty, Betty, Betty, Betty!
Foot to Neck! Look where you are!
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, straight leg!
Scull, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
Scull, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

NumyMufn

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

Laughingboy69

Sleeping?

But yeah... I don't disagree. I tend to show up from time to time but the only posts I really see are "Hey, what's that song to that one thing?"

Which is fine... that's what the site is here for, after all.
I do Let's Plays now.

crab

We hope to bring a more social aspect to the site soon.  It won't be here on the forums, but there will be more ways to interact with other users.

Beefy

I haven't been around as much as I would like lately. 
Working 6-7 days a week doesn't leave me much free time. :-(
http://asfdotcom.net/ You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
Why yes, I do miss Futurama.

diabeto

diabeto

Look at my date^^^ It says November 28 2012. Has it been a long time since anyones been here on THIS date? I havent been on much to this site like many, but this obviously is noticeable. Be interesting to see who answers to my redundant post haha :D

NumyMufn

This has never been a hotbed of activity. Aside from when we first added the forum, which brought a lot of people who were just curious and it conveniently coincided with the Viewer Music Project so a lot of the prospective contributors for that showed up, too.  The buzz died down pretty quickly. I could pinpoint a few 'how's and 'why's but it really doesn't matter. We are what we are, and this is just an avenue for communication. Also, even the ASMB has died down quite a bit. People aren't going for the 'community' like they used to. Everyone is wrapped up in their own social media, like Facebook & Twitter, which is apparently why AS has abandoned the Viewer Bump from their own forums in favor of those two outlets. (For the record, we also have a Facebook & Twitter.) Even their video section is equipped with Facebook comments and there's no easy way to find the boards from the main page so we feel like they're trying to phase it out.

As crab pointed out earlier, he has something in the works but I can't really elaborate on it at the moment.

I'm awake.

diabeto

Well I rather like this site. Id love to come here more often than FacebooZZzzzzz.... I get tired of seeing political posts in the newsfeed all the time and stuff I just dont care about, I only have one to post pics of my child growing up so the family can see anyway. Id love bumpworthy to be a mobile app. Id probably be on way more since I'm busy a lot.

NumyMufn

Not a huge fan of the 'FacebooZZzzzzz' myself  :-D
It was more of a 'can't beat 'em, join 'em' thing. Mine's pretty well locked down to just people I know IRL, a couple of the guys I work with here and ONE person from the ASMB. I don't really like having my worlds collide. Just yesterday I had to create a new group for friends labeled "easily offended" because more of my family found me. :P

I'm awake.