Main Menu

Is this site done?

Started by Daikun, December 21, 2015, 05:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I've been looking through the bump archives. Have you guys updated AT ALL in 2015?

crab

I hope it's not done!

I'm still interested, but the issue is time.  I think this is true for everyone on the team.  People have found new jobs, moved, started new lives, etc.  I think we all have a special place in our heart for this site, but finding time to work on it is difficult.

I'd say that we are not done, but crawling very slowly...   :-P

NumyMufn

You caught me at a bad time -

I'm awake.

MrHang

I saw this thread and brought it up to Numy a few days ago in a PM, so I'll repost a portion of my message here:

"I know I'm not the most active member but I still care very much about the site and want it to continue and succeed.  In fact the entire reason for my latest message to mongo was to ask his advice regarding Comcast's upgrade coming this february to my area to start pushing video out under the MPEG-4 codec and no longer MPEG-2, which would throw off my entire recording setup since it's based around firewire mpeg-2 capture.  I've been frantically looking for another way to grab mpeg-4 encoded video, as well as preparing to re-automate my entire recording process to base it around new software and new buttons to push because I don't want to lose any of the bumps."

In fact as I'm posting this, I'm processing bumps from last September.  I'd upload them myself but it seems the upload page isn't doing it's thing?  I can't approve any bumps because there's nothing in the queue even though I've uploaded a bunch of test bumps.

I know I'm behind on the bumps but I still record every single night and i'm doing my best to catch up :)  I just hope we can all figure out a way to continue things and get the wheels moving again.  I'll do whatever I can to help.

NumyMufn

You PM'ed me?  :-o *yeesh* Sorry 'bout that... :oops:

Yeah... I think it's time for a Mod Pow Wow... a MowWow?

Now, if I could just stop the Darknuts and Redeads and Floormasters from attacking...

I'm awake.

NumyMufn

Quote from: MrHang on January 14, 2016, 12:23:59 AM
  I'd upload them myself but it seems the upload page isn't doing it's thing?  I can't approve any bumps because there's nothing in the queue even though I've uploaded a bunch of test bumps.
crab mentioned something about the latest uploads page being broken... maybe it's related.

Excuse me, but I seem to have encountered a new variety of Gibdo...

I'm awake.

Jeff

Cheers.  I'm very glad someone's keeping the lights on.

Dont Haunt Me

'Least there's still the better, older bumps. Always there for that sweet sweet nostalgia.
It don't matter, none'a this matters.

ACTN

Well as long as this awesome archival site stays up, regardless if it's updated or not, I'ma be a happy guy.  :lol:
http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/138

"Kickback! Kickback! Hey, pull in.
Betty, hook up! Betty, Betty, Betty, Betty!
Foot to Neck! Look where you are!
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, straight leg!
Scull, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
Scull, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.