Main Menu

Post User Created Bumps here!

Started by mongo, January 26, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorist96

Quote from: Jeff on August 23, 2016, 08:21:35 PM
Not sure how many people come through the thread regularly, but in sincerity, I do and really enjoy every time I open it up and see remasters or new creations.
It's more than you think. Since this thread was started, it's been read 480,082 times.
I still come and see the user created bumps even though I may not post.

Athias

Making my normal pass through the thread.  Busy indeed Athias, and likely unbeknownst, you're slowly making your way through my favorite all-time bumps.

Not sure how many people come through the thread regularly, but in sincerity, I do and really enjoy every time I open it up and see remasters or new creations.

Thanks, Jeff. I thought that I'd might knock two more off of that list:

GITS SAC 2nd GIG - Now (Remastered) [1080p]

Best Things Are Collectives (Remastered) [1080p]

Despite the laborious process of adjusting the masks and timing the movement, it was fun to do. I love seeing them in HD and I do my best to make them look as close to the original as possible. (Though for the GITS bump, I went for an off white and darker text appearance. The other version I had before had uneven coloring, which my video editor was causing.)

Quote from: terrorist96 on August 24, 2016, 11:29:06 AM
It's more than you think. Since this thread was started, it's been read 480,082 times.

I still come and see the user created bumps even though I may not post.

I assumed this was the case. If you've seen my bumps, or those of the others, thanks for watching and being part of keeping the interest alive.

This one is a version two of my remastering Chilled Fry_v2.

Futurama - Chilled Fry (Remastered) [1080p]_v2

This one has what I believe to be a more similar image to the original. I also adjusted Fry's facial expression and his position to mimic the original as well. This remaster has a resolution of 1440x1080 and has a 4:3 aspect ratio like  the original as well. As always: all feedback is welcomed.

Athias

Here I am, after a little hiatus, to provide some remastered action bumps:

Cowboy Bebop Next (Remastered) [1080p]

Gundam 0083 Next (Remastered) [1080p]

And a promo:

Action Saturdays (Remastered) [1080p]

Just to give a little information:

I've made a few changes--just a few--to this promo: (1) Since there are no HD masters for the original InuYasha series, my choices were confined to the blu-rays of InuYasha: The Final Act or the four films--also released on blu-ray, and (2) the last image contains the standard "[as]" logo rather than the former Friday night AS crest. I chose the InuYasha scenes from the films because I believed they best represented the original TV series. Besides, I knew that there'd be an abundance of scenes where Inuyasha wields his absurdly large "tetsaiga," yelling, "wind-scar!" I also made sure that the scenes I chose could aptly replace the original scenes. As for the replacing of the crest at the end, it was simply due to the fact that I didn't think it looked right. I attempted it with the crest, and it looked really bad, so I opted for the standard logo, which I think looks much better. With the exception of the two aforementioned points, everything is pretty much the same. I cropped the scenes from Cowboy Bebop, Eureka Seven, and Fullmetal Alchemist in the same way the promo did. (The InuYasha scenes needed no cropping.) It was difficult locating the Eureka Seven scenes because I haven't watched an episode of that anime since its original run--not even when Toonami re-aired it in 2013, I believe. It was way too easy locating the Cowboy Bebop, GITS: 2nd GIG, and Samurai Champloo scenes--they being among my top 10 favorite anime series. As for Fullmetal Alchemist, though being one of my favorites as well, a few of the scenes proved a bit harder to locate. Lastly, I unfortunately don't know the song's name or the artist(s) who conceived it. I would actually appreciate it if anyone from these boards could help identify the song title and artist. I will then edit the youtube description once it's made known. As always, all feedback is welcomed. Hope you guys enjoy this.

Jeff

A hiatus here, as well.  Watched all the latest with a smile.  I wish I had the song information for the promo for you, but alas not.

LegoKirby12

I just made 4 more new bumps on my own recently, but I also did my attempt on doing the water reflection effect in the second bump. It was a little tough, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oenTaYT99ZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBbVFLtl9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1LNsi7-NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mycGesf2Fow

Here's a fake old schedule bump I made with the picture I taken from my trip back home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCc_dJkAfo
"What the WHAT?!" - Gumball Watterson

Athias

Nice job, Lego. You've done a great job at emulating the current bumps.

LegoKirby12

Quote from: Athias on February 14, 2017, 06:02:27 PM
Nice job, Lego. You've done a great job at emulating the current bumps.

Appreciated!  8-)

Jeff

Seconded here, Lego.  Also really appreciated the throwback schedule bump--Mandeer was the song that initially brought me to [bw] and still dig it.

LegoKirby12

Here's another bump I made that took me some time to get the [as] logo moving in After Effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3frHoxYhZg

EDIT: I had to fix the logo that was left hanging in the left end of the screen.

smooooth

Props man. Yep, I know 3D motion tracking can be a pain in the ... Thinking about getting into making fan bumps myself, so I'll make sure I post them up when I get around to it. Just wanted to say I've been really enjoying yours.

Athias

Okay, so it's been almost five months. Never really intended it to be so long until I posted a video but I was particularly occupied during the holidays. I've also been as of late really taken by the most recent lineup of Toonami, which includes Gundam 0096: Unicorn and Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. (Hells Yeah!) Not to mention the hour block on Sundays where we've gotten old favorites like "The Brak Show," "Space Ghost Coast to Coast," "Harvey Birdman" and "Sealab2021." So I've not been as eager to make these bumps as I once was. But when an idea pops up, my 2001-2009 self takes over and we have this:

Cowboy Bebop - Funk (Remastered) [1080p]_v3

I've made a few changes at the end of the video. (It comes with the territory when remastering old video.) But don't fret, I was really diligent with tracking down the fonts. So both fonts are as they appeared on the original promo. I've only made changes with the sihouettes. Instead of Ein, I used a sihouette of Edward. (C'mon she's better!) I did keep the same color scheme, though. And, I emulated the three dimensional motion, so it shouldn't appear foreign. I've also done my due diligence in timing this remaster, so the scenes should appear to be a perfect match. As always, all feedback is welcomed. (Sorry guys, I could find neither the song nor the artist, even after searching through the entire Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack.)

LegoKirby12

smooooth

https://youtu.be/1TboaLsiBeQ

My first fan made bump. I don't know what exact bump type I was going for, but I added my own little twist at the end (I guess). Hope you guys like it. Sorry for the black bars.

Athias

@LegoKirby: Great bumps. I particularly like the first one, with Westminster Abbey Church--it reminds me of the church in Cowboy Bebop's "Ballad of Fallen Angels." Your songs are also well-chosen.

@smooooth: Would it be corny if I said "smooth" bump? I like it, and I like the twist at the end--it's those kind of unexpected ideas that made adult swim, at least to me, alluring. Keep it up, man.

I finished a bump today and I wanted to upload it specifically today because unfortunately the wonderful toonami graphics from the anniversary bumps ceased last week (WHY????) Okay, so this is my "attempt"--if you could call it that--at making a 20th anniversary bump for Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion. Of course, the source is the True-HD blu-ray. I apologize for Tom's voice since I pretty much had to take it from the Rebuild of Evangelion bumps. With that said, I think it came out well. I tried my best to make it appear just as it does with the other anniversary bumps, which unfortunately ceased last week. The song I chose comes from the Evangelion television series. I chose it because I thought it suited the scene perfectly. Even the name of the song suits the scene seamlessly. Anyway that's all I can think of. All feedback is welcome.

Toonami 20th Anniversary - End of Evangelion (Pipes)

Athias

Here's my Ghost in the Shell promo remaster (I've always wanted to do this.) If I can find more accurate fonts, I'll do the others as well:
Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 1st Promo (Remastered) [1080p]

As always, all feedback is welcome.