Main Menu

Post User Created Bumps here!

Started by mongo, January 26, 2008, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athias

Quote from: Jeff on January 21, 2016, 08:31:25 PM
I was considering holding off on replying for a bit to give someone else a chance, so it's not just a you-and-me conversation, Athias, but I have to say I really like the typewriter bump.  It's one of those things where I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's one of my favorites I've seen you do.  Maybe the blurriness, because I'm so fond of the old tilt-shift bumps, I don't know, but I like it.

Thanks, Jeff.

I googled the latitude and longitude of the satellite imagery, and found... a book on thermal imaging of New York/New Jersey(?)  What am I missing?

I  googled the terms "latitude" and "longitude" and it gave me the inputs for New York City. I don't think you're missing anything--at least, no more than I.

Jeff

Appears spot on, then.  Didn't know if there was some special or hidden meaning I wasn't catching.

analogsampleroperator

hello world, this is my first time on bumpworthy and honestly i really like it. Sorry for being a newb im still grasping all the information.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Jeff

Quote from: analogsampleroperator on February 19, 2016, 01:25:19 PM
hello world, this is my first time on bumpworthy and honestly i really like it. Sorry for being a newb im still grasping all the information.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Welcome aboard, [bw] is a nice place to be.  Ask away if you have any questions--it may or may not take a short while to get back, but if someone knows the answer you can be sure they'll help.

Athias

This is my remaster of the Evangelion Intro 2 bump:

[adult swim] Evangelion Intro 2 (Blue) Pseudo-Remastered [1080p]

Compare to:

Evangelion - Intro 2

I am still trying to figure out the entire concept of the one minute Samurai Champloo bump I'm attempting to create, so that may take some time. (I've worked on it, but I want it to suit the song as closely as possible.) I'm also working on a Toonami 4.0 (?) Death Note bump since the blu-rays were released a month ago. I've already started, and I'm close to finishing it, but I need to do a bit more sound wizardry first. I'm also planning to do a remastered version of Toonami's Advanced Robotics. I've already completed the first 30 seconds of that video. I hope to get more done, soon. And finally, I may upload a tilt-shift motion bump later tonight, or tomorrow. I have something to attend to right now, so it'll have to wait until I get back. As always, all feedback is welcomed.

Jeff

I really enjoyed the tilt-shift cars bump, I am a sucker for the tilt-shifting.  I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with Advanced Robotics--I went back and re-watched your take on Broken Promise, really great stuff.

You should know by now I'm a huge fan of your work.  If I may offer a point of critique, I thought the removal of the scan lines and hardening of the text in the Evangelion bump caused it to lose a little of my nostalgia for watching [AS] on the ol' cathode ray tube tv.  If you were, in fact, looking to modernize the look of the bump then disregard that, because quality-wise it does look great.

Thanks as always for sharing.

Athias

Quote from: Jeff on May 07, 2016, 06:06:04 PM
I really enjoyed the tilt-shift cars bump, I am a sucker for the tilt-shifting.  I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with Advanced Robotics--I went back and re-watched your take on Broken Promise, really great stuff.

Thanks, I knew you'd like the tilt-shift one. I liked and made plans for that video the moment I found it. As for Advanced Robotics, I have about a minute and 16 seconds done. I just need to cut and put in the scenes for Blue Submarine No. 6 and DBZ's World's Strongest.

QuoteYou should know by now I'm a huge fan of your work.  If I may offer a point of critique, I thought the removal of the scan lines and hardening of the text in the Evangelion bump caused it to lose a little of my nostalgia for watching [AS] on the ol' cathode ray tube tv.  If you were, in fact, looking to modernize the look of the bump then disregard that, because quality-wise it does look great.

Thanks as always for sharing.

No problem. (By the way, feel free to offer a critique any time.) I agree with you. On one of my video editors, I have a "tv simulator" effect. It does produce scan lines, but they are far too thin and diminished to actually notice, unless when watching in full resolution on a high-res monitor. (I believe the default for youtube is usually 480p.) And to be honest, it never really occurred to me to find out how to produce these scan lines myself until you made mention of them, here. It's fortunate that I save most of projects. So I'll work on a version two and re-post it. I'll also soften the text and change the color--rather than turquoise, I'll use a midnight blue with diminished saturation levels. My purpose, especially with the bumps shown on that "ol' cathode ray tube tv"--haha!--is to produce a retro-modern remaster. Capturing all of the nostalgia of old television programming and finding a way to gerrymander that into high resolutions. Thanks Jeff--really--I do appreciate the feedback.

GaijinX

I created this animation with a music producing friend of mine and am repeatedly told to gift this to the adult swim community. If I am wrong please crucify me with George Bush in attendance.

Planet With No Name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lC54zdGGC8

Jeff

GaijinX- That was certainly a trippy ride, I appreciated watching though.  No torch and pitchfork coming from this direction.

Athias- You bet, anytime.  Was quite sure you wouldn't take the feedback as anything other than constructive, and only one person's opinion, anyhow.  The extent of my video editing ability is nil, so I don't know how difficult it is to mimic or adjust specialty fonts like the one used in the bump.  I get the sense overall it's a labor of love for you (I may have said that before), because it does show in the quality, so I'll be looking forward to a re-post and any you create and share.  I really do enjoy watching them.

starscreamlive

Hello all.  First time poster here.  I've been making fan made bumps and uploading them on my youtube channel for the past four or five years.  I have almost 100 of them at this point (none of them are my own music, some of the images are).  I'll post the links to them when I put up new ones in this thread if that's cool.
This place is like a gold mine with all the old bumps from the good old days of Adult Swim.  Thanks for letting me join.

Athias

@Jeff:

Thanks again. And here it is, Advanced Robotics:

Toonami 4.0 - Advanced Robotics (Ignition) Remastered [1080p]

This is  another one of my pseudo remasters. Just to give a bit of a description: much like my previous remaster ("Broken Promise: Dreams") I had to replace some scenes. I replaced two scenes: the scene of Brainiac in Superman the Animated Series, and the scene of Batman in what I believe to Batman the Animated Series. I replaced them because there were no HD Sources for them. But I did replace them with scenes of Brainiac in Justice League and Batman from Justice League Unlimited (Episode "Dark Heart) respectively.

The other point worth mentioning is that even though I do have HD sources for all of the clips I've used in this remaster, many of them are upscales--particularly "The Big O" which makes up most of the scenes in this promo. Scenes from Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, 08th MS team, and Dragon Ball Z: World's Strongest are the only ones I believe not to be upscales. But they are few.

With all that said, I think this came out fairly good. I did cut the last part short because I'm not quite good with three dimensional text animation and all my attempts at it failed the "essence of the video" so to speak. I did however create a space-cloud graphic with the # Advanced Robotics. I also created the ending title card. Well, that's all of the information I can think of. All feedback is welcomed.

I will re-post the Evangelion Intro 2 bump either tomorrow or Tuesday night. I just need to adjust the coloring a bit. As for the Samurai Champloo bump, I have gotten a bit of it done, but I need more time to come up with the rest of concept. But I am working it.

Athias

Evangelion Intro 2 (Blue) Remastered [1080p] v2

I know it's late, but it's Tuesday where I am--though just barely. So, I redid the remaster and color corrected the video in order to make it look more like the original. And I've also included the scan lines as per Jeff's suggestion. In my opinion, it looks good--better than my first remaster, I say. As always, all feedback is welcomed.

From here on, it's Samurai Champloo and Death Note, unless I'm inspired by something else. Until next time.

Jeff

Heya Athias.

I like the revised Evangelion intro too.  I noticed (I think) all the differences.  My take is this--adjusting the color and bringing the brightness down takes out some of the sharpness/contrast, which would seem to go contrary to an HD remaster, however when you watch it in 1080, especially comparing it to the original on [bw], it's clear as day yours is in high-def.  With the luxury then to add scan lines and soften the font, you've captured a nice balance of modern with a mid-90s anime.  Your v2 looks great.

Advanced Robotics looks outstanding.  Just like with Broken Promises, I think your additions are seamless.  In fact, I had to watch a second time to catch the first Justice League addition, though Brainiac and Big O do meld pretty nicely in general.

Thanks again for this too, by the way.  I give it another view nearly every time I go to your channel.